Tiller Region assessment and action plan Public Deposited

http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/concern/defaults/xk81jr168

The introduction provides a general description of the Tiller Region in terms of its natural and human-made features, ownership and current land uses, and the communities within the region. Information in sections 1.2 and 1.3 was compiled from the Oregon Watershed Assessment Manual (Watershed Professionals Network, 1999), the Lower South Umpqua Watershed Analysis (USDI Bureau of Land Management, 2000), and the Myrtle Creek Watershed Analysis (Draft) (USDI Bureau of Land Management, 2002). Additional information is from the following sources’ databases and staff: the USDA Forest Service, the US Census Bureau, and the Douglas County Assessor.

Descriptions

Attribute NameValues
Creator
Abstract or Summary
  • The Tiller Region assessment has two goals: 1) To describe the past, present, and potential future conditions that affect water quality and fish habitat within the Tiller Region; and 2) To provide a research-based action plan that suggests voluntary activities to improve fish habitat and water quality within the Tiller Region. The Tiller Region Watershed is 151,137 acres. The region stretches a maximum of 26.1 miles north to south and 14.7 miles east to west. The Tiller Trial Highway and the South Umpqua River Road are major roads within the region. The only population centers are Tiller and Drew. Tiller is located at the confluence of the South Umpqua River and Elk Creek. Drew is located near Camp Creek, between Drew Creek and Joe Hall Creek. Land use in the Tiller Region is approximately 98% forestry. Agricultural lands, residential developments, and commercial developments constitute approximately 2% of the land base. Approximately 75% of the Tiller Region is federal land. The BLM administers the federal lands in the Deadman Creek and Dompier Creek drainages; the US Forest Service administers the rest. Approximately 25% of the Tiller Region is privately owned. Douglas County and the State of Oregon each administer less than 1% of the total land base.
Resource Type
Date Available
Date Issued
Citation
  • Geyer, Nancy A. Tiller Region Assessment and Action Plan. Roseburg, Oregon: Prepared for the Umpqua Basin Watershed Council; 2003 November.
Non-Academic Affiliation
Keyword
Rights Statement
Funding Statement (additional comments about funding)
Publisher
File Format
File Extent
  • 18755047 bytes
Replaces
Additional Information
  • Watershed Council Assessments
  • Reports and Publications -- Plans
  • description.provenance : Made available in DSpace on 2006-01-26T15:23:12Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 1 Tiller_Region_WAAP.pdf: 18755047 bytes, checksum: 4d5348cbe7cb2e5a7674f135469a5096 (MD5) Previous issue date: 2003-11
  • description.provenance : Submitted by Renee Davis-Born (renee.davis-born@oregonstate.edu) on 2006-01-26 No. of bitstreams: 1 Tiller_Region_WAAP.pdf: 18755047 bytes, checksum: 4d5348cbe7cb2e5a7674f135469a5096 (MD5)
  • Umpqua Explorer
  • Reports and Publications -- Local Reports

Relationships

Parents:

This work has no parents.

Last modified

Downloadable Content

Download PDF

Items