- The siting of a new industrial plant generally results
from the favorable match of the needs of an industrial
firm arid the assets of a community. Citizens of
Oregon have taken a very active role in planning and decision
making at the local level due to legislation in
the past decade which has given them this privilege.
Citizen attitudes and opinions are shaped by many
factors, including education, income levels, aesthetic
values, civic pride, and general concern for the future
of their community.
Corvallis presents some conflicting characteristics
for industrial location. Corvallis is attractive to some
industries owing to cultural amenities, attractiveness
of the City and its setting, compatible industries, and
a labor pool that is both professional and ample. At
the same time, the above normal education level and professional
employment of a large segment of its citizenry
and their regard for and pride in the general high
quality of life and urban and educational services have
resulted in attitudes that have been unfavorable to the
location of industries that would bring rapid growth
The purpose of this research is to examine the needs
of industrial firms that recently expressed interest in
location in Corvallis within the context of the City's
assets and citizen attitudes.
The research methods have included: 1) an analysis
of three studies conducted during the 1970's that dealt
with assets and attitudes; 2) an analysis of' the land
that is zoned industrial by the Corvallis Land Development Code; and 3) an analysis of a questionnaire survey
of the industrial fiins.
- File scanned at 300 ppi (Monochrome, 24-bit Color) using ScandAll PRO 1.8.1 on a Fi-6770A in PDF format. CVista PdfCompressor 4.0 was used for pdf compression and textual OCR.
- description.provenance : Submitted by Kaylee Patterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 2012-07-19T17:59:48ZNo. of bitstreams: 1SjogrenGaryPeterson.pdf: 18210542 bytes, checksum: b22c1dfefeb3b24f096665f1b4089b24 (MD5)
- description.provenance : Made available in DSpace on 2012-07-19T20:00:11Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 1SjogrenGaryPeterson.pdf: 18210542 bytes, checksum: b22c1dfefeb3b24f096665f1b4089b24 (MD5) Previous issue date: 1981-12
- description.provenance : Approved for entry into archive by Patricia Black(email@example.com) on 2012-07-19T20:00:11Z (GMT) No. of bitstreams: 1SjogrenGaryPeterson.pdf: 18210542 bytes, checksum: b22c1dfefeb3b24f096665f1b4089b24 (MD5)