- This research paper is an analysis of the electric energy industry
in Mexico since its inception in 1879. The research is based entirely
on library sources plus documents secured from the Federal Electricity
Commission of Mexico. Only minimal documentary evidence is
available in English, consequently the Oregon State University library
has limited resources. The Director General of the Mexican electricity
commission however, was generous in providing materials, especially
annual reports, which provided basic data. After perusing library
sources, many reports and references, the resulting evidence and
data was condensed to a concise account of the development of the
electric energy industry.
The analysis examines government and private commitments and
endeavors to relate them to the politico-socio-economic situation of
Mexico. Although the recent realities of the electric energy industry
are most pertinent to this research, the present cannot be fully comprehended
without a review of the past and its political environment.
Thus, three development stages are recognized.
1. The early development stage from 1879 to 1932.
2. The post revolution stage from 1933 to 1959
highlighted by the federalization of the electric
industry and the birth of the Federal Electricity
3. The modern stage from 1960 to the present
corresponding with nationalization of the
electric industry and rapid expansion.
- File scanned at 300 ppi (Monochrome, 24-bit Color) using ScandAll PRO 1.8.1 on a Fi-6770A in PDF format. CVista PdfCompressor 4.0 was used for pdf compression and textual OCR.
- description.provenance : Approved for entry into archive by Patricia Black(firstname.lastname@example.org) on 2012-07-16T16:24:27Z (GMT) No. of bitstreams: 1GillAndrewDouglas.pdf: 1539211 bytes, checksum: e6436f370409fd96cca761e8cfb7567f (MD5)
- description.provenance : Made available in DSpace on 2012-07-16T16:24:27Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 1GillAndrewDouglas.pdf: 1539211 bytes, checksum: e6436f370409fd96cca761e8cfb7567f (MD5) Previous issue date: 1972-06
- description.provenance : Submitted by Kaylee Patterson (email@example.com) on 2012-07-13T15:25:01ZNo. of bitstreams: 1GillAndrewDouglas.pdf: 1539211 bytes, checksum: e6436f370409fd96cca761e8cfb7567f (MD5)