- Predicted sea tide data for Astoria, Oregon
are submitted to a formula which when graphed display the
day-to-day intensity of change in sea tides. Also predicted
sea tide data for Humboldt Bay are submitted to a formula
and graphed, which illustrates the variation in length of the
tidal day. Astronomical data, which indicate the phases and
positions of the sun and moon, are also graphed. Wind data
from Newport, Oregon are submitted to low-low passed
filtering technique and graphed. These data are all compared
to daily 0400 sea level pressure readings, from
Astoria, Oregon and Eureka, California, graphed on the
same scale. Certain relationships and common elements
are found throughout the June 1 through August 31 test period
covering the years 1966- 1972. Correlations are found between
the occurrence of higher pressure at Astoria than Eureka, to
equatorial position of the moon, decreasing intensity of both
high and low tide changes, maximum duration of the tidal
day, and wind direction and intensity along the Oregon coast.
Other factors are discussed.
- File scanned at 300 ppi (Monochrome) using ScandAll PRO 1.8.1 on a Fi-6770A in PDF format. CVista PdfCompressor 4.0 was used for pdf compression and textual OCR.
- description.provenance : Made available in DSpace on 2012-07-12T16:09:23Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 1DummerDennisW.pdf: 907618 bytes, checksum: 6f1581b4c6d09d63ee53040bb448e712 (MD5) Previous issue date: 1974-08
- description.provenance : Approved for entry into archive by Patricia Black(email@example.com) on 2012-07-12T16:09:23Z (GMT) No. of bitstreams: 1DummerDennisW.pdf: 907618 bytes, checksum: 6f1581b4c6d09d63ee53040bb448e712 (MD5)
- description.provenance : Submitted by Kaylee Patterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 2012-07-11T18:46:43ZNo. of bitstreams: 1DummerDennisW.pdf: 907618 bytes, checksum: 6f1581b4c6d09d63ee53040bb448e712 (MD5)