- Landslide processes occurring on a hillslope in McDonald-Dunn
Forest on the eastern slope of the Oregon Coastal Range are
described in terms of type, magnitude. minimum age and site
characteristics. Debris flows and debris avalanches are the
dominant types of slope movement occurring in the study area.
Landslide events classified in the field were grouped according
to process, and verification of field classifications were
performed using morphometric indices and analysis of variance.
The classification index (D/L) showed significant differences
between landslides classified in the field and between process
groups. Correlations between process. denoted by the
classification index, and three morphometric indices were also
significant. Landslide volumes are skewed towards smaller
values, and have a mean of 1195 m³. A general linear regression
model was developed for the estimation of landslide volumes and
was significant at the 0.00% level. Minimum ages of landslides
are also skewed towards smaller values with the 1964 storm being
well represented within the sample. Landslides were observed to
have occurred on slopes ranging from 26-55%, and a majority
occurred at or immediately below significant breaks in slope.
Bedrock hollows occurring on the scarp slope element appear to produce larcie debris flows. Chancies in the landscape occurring
since euro-american settlement preclude the use of the maginitude-frequency
approach to investigate landsliding in the study area.
Future research should concentrate on current rates of soil
creep. hollow recharge and implications for sediment routing and
- File scanned at 300 ppi (Monochrome) using ScandAll PRO 1.8.1 on a Fi-6770A in PDF format. CVista PdfCompressor 4.0 was used for pdf compression and textual OCR.
- description.provenance : Approved for entry into archive by Patricia Black(email@example.com) on 2012-07-19T21:36:44Z (GMT) No. of bitstreams: 1ShivelyDavidD.pdf: 14849193 bytes, checksum: ff513c2acf51132153778691c2e06542 (MD5)
- description.provenance : Made available in DSpace on 2012-07-19T21:36:44Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 1ShivelyDavidD.pdf: 14849193 bytes, checksum: ff513c2acf51132153778691c2e06542 (MD5) Previous issue date: 1989-11
- description.provenance : Submitted by Kaylee Patterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 2012-07-19T17:44:30ZNo. of bitstreams: 1ShivelyDavidD.pdf: 14849193 bytes, checksum: ff513c2acf51132153778691c2e06542 (MD5)