- Management of national forests evokes controversy about the
allocation of limited resources among competing uses. A Land and Resource
Management Plan (Forest Plan) has been prepared for the Payette National
Forest. The Forest Plan describes resource management practices and the levels
of resource production at which the Forest would be managed.
Monitoring whether plans are implemented as designed and whether
environmental effects are as predicted has been described as a weak link in
environmental analysis. Monitoring will assist in furthering the understanding
of the effects of producing multiple resources in the national forests. Major
laws that are applicable to monitoring the Payette Forest Plan include the
National Environmental Policy Act, the National Forest Management Act, the
Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act and the National Historic Preservation Act.
The Fayette National Forest - Forestwide Action Monitoring Plan has been
prepared to provide guidance to resource managers on incorporating monitoring
into projects. The results of monitoring will be used to assess whether the
Forest Plan is implemented as designed and if the environmental effects are
occurring as predicted. Actions that could be recommended include: no action,
referring the problem to the appropriate individual for improvement of
management practices, modifying the management practices as a Forest Plan
amendment, revising the cost per unit output or initiating revision of the
- File scanned at 300 ppi (Monochrome) using Capture Perfect 3.0 on a Canon DR-9050C in PDF format. CVista PdfCompressor 4.0 was used for pdf compression and textual OCR.
- description.provenance : Made available in DSpace on 2012-07-25T18:05:06Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 1ThompsonJoyceElma.pdf: 1002849 bytes, checksum: 4fe7ac5bdd5a2ee2e548367269e0cf8c (MD5) Previous issue date: 1990-06
- description.provenance : Submitted by Kirsten Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 2012-07-24T22:54:54ZNo. of bitstreams: 1ThompsonJoyceElma.pdf: 1002849 bytes, checksum: 4fe7ac5bdd5a2ee2e548367269e0cf8c (MD5)
- description.provenance : Approved for entry into archive by Patricia Black(email@example.com) on 2012-07-25T18:05:06Z (GMT) No. of bitstreams: 1ThompsonJoyceElma.pdf: 1002849 bytes, checksum: 4fe7ac5bdd5a2ee2e548367269e0cf8c (MD5)