- The purpose of this study is to determine if the
ntoraines damming proglacial Carver Lake are ice-cored.
The methodology to be employed consists of interpretation
of aerial photographs and field observations. The results
of these studies will be compared. to past research of
known ice-cored moraines in other regions of the world.
This study was prompted by research done by the United
States Geological Survey indicating that there may be a
potential for flood hazard to the town of Sisters, Oregon
should this morainal dam fail (Laenen, et al. 1987)
Specifically, this paper discusses the results of three
months of field study which the following procedures were
completed: 1) The Neoglacial geornorphology surrounding
Carver lake was mapped; 2) ground data was collected to
verify aerial photographic interpretation; 3) test pits
were excavated to detect the existence of an ice-core in
the terminal moraines impounding Carver Lake. It was
determined from this research that these moraines did
- File scanned at 300 ppi (Monochrome, 24-bit Color) using ScandAll PRO 1.8.1 on a Fi-6770A in PDF format. CVista PdfCompressor 4.0 was used for pdf compression and textual OCR.
- description.provenance : Made available in DSpace on 2012-07-19T20:48:04Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 1RectorMichelL.pdf: 16211689 bytes, checksum: fa57822af66da6aad1c8798df8252fdb (MD5) Previous issue date: 1988-05-25
- description.provenance : Submitted by Kaylee Patterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 2012-07-18T21:17:13ZNo. of bitstreams: 1RectorMichelL.pdf: 16211689 bytes, checksum: fa57822af66da6aad1c8798df8252fdb (MD5)
- description.provenance : Approved for entry into archive by Patricia Black(email@example.com) on 2012-07-19T20:48:04Z (GMT) No. of bitstreams: 1RectorMichelL.pdf: 16211689 bytes, checksum: fa57822af66da6aad1c8798df8252fdb (MD5)