- Wave Energy AS (WE) is an ocean energy company from Norway established to develop, test,
market and commercialize the patented SSG™ wave energy converter technology. Wave
Energy AS is interested in developing their technology in North America and the Port of Garibaldi
has been selected as a potentially good location to launch the first project.
An initial site assessment was conducted in Fall 2009 and based on the results, Wave Energy
decided to proceed with a feasibility analysis of the proposed location as their first North
American project site.
The approach was to carry out the analysis in two (2) subsequent phases. The objective of the
first phase of the feasibility analysis (Phase 1) was to assess the physical environment at the
proposed project site. The purpose of this phase of work is to determine whether or not the
location would be physically compatible with Wave Energy’s technology. If the results concur that
the physical environment is compatible with Wave Energy’s technology, the second phase of the
feasibility analysis, or Phase 2, would subsequently be carried out. If implemented, the objective
of Phase 2 would be to evaluate the engineering, economics, business requirements, permitting
requirements and all other aspects of project development based upon the Phase 1 results.
The purpose of this report is to summarize the scope, approach and results of Wave
Energy’s Phase 1 study.
- Bakke, Monica & Wave Energy AS. 2011. Wave Climate, Geotechnical and Geophysical Analysis of the Tillamook Jetties. Portland, OR: Oregon Wave Energy Trust. 15 pp.
- Introduction; II. Project/study description; III. Study approach: A. Summary of study approach, B. OWET’s role;IV. Results: A. Study results, B. Contribution to the renewable ocean energy industry; APPENDICES: A. Executive Summary of the Geophysical/Geotechnical analysis, B. Executive Summary of the Wave Climate Analysis
|Déclaration de droits
- Oregon Wave Energy Trust and the OSU Libraries cooperate to provide long-term access to OWET reports. OSU's ScholarsArchive is the digital repository for continual access to the report. The OWET website, http://www.oregonwave.org, provides immediate access to OWET funded reports.
- description.provenance : Made available in DSpace on 2011-05-19T16:57:37Z (GMT). No. of bitstreams: 3Wave-Energy-AS_Garibaldi-Feasibility_Final-Report_2011.pdf: 1272880 bytes, checksum: fc2c2c1ae16e43c7ea048cc293442041 (MD5)license_rdf: 22588 bytes, checksum: ea670c3d41c679fe14ddd27ddad3face (MD5)license_text: 20904 bytes, checksum: e09bf99e64678e4285abf3ef3e05412d (MD5) Previous issue date: 2011-01
- description.provenance : Submitted by Janet Webster (email@example.com) on 2011-05-19T16:57:37ZNo. of bitstreams: 3Wave-Energy-AS_Garibaldi-Feasibility_Final-Report_2011.pdf: 1272880 bytes, checksum: fc2c2c1ae16e43c7ea048cc293442041 (MD5)license_rdf: 22588 bytes, checksum: ea670c3d41c679fe14ddd27ddad3face (MD5)license_text: 20904 bytes, checksum: e09bf99e64678e4285abf3ef3e05412d (MD5)